Working Safely at Heights Refresher Training
Work Safely at Heights Refresher training. Refreshers available daily. For further information or to book click on the Call us below
This course is specifically designed for all employees who are required to refresh their work safely at heights. Anyone involved in works above two metres or where there is a possibility of falling two metres must undertake this course. It includes: identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task; accessing and installing equipment; performing work at heights; and cleaning up the work area. Work Safely at Heights Refresher Training available by appointment. Complete the theory online and attend our site for practical assessment.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
RIIWHS204D WORK SAFELY AT HEIGHTS
This Nationally accredited course provides students the skills and knowledge required to refresh their work safety at heights training in the Resources and Infrastructure, civil construction and construction industries This course is mandatory for everyone where they are required to perform working at heights above two metres.
UPON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE STUDENTS WILL LEARN TO
Prepare for Working Safely at Heights
– Access the following documents in preparation for working safely at heights:
– Organisational policies or procedures relating to working safely at heights.
– Relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice or Australian standards relating to working safely at heights.
– Complete a SWMS for a working safely at heights task.
Inspect the work area for
– Identification of risks/hazards.
– Assessment of risk/hazard levels.
– Identify any tasks that you would need to complete including risk/hazard treatments.
– Selection and implementation of risk treatment options.
Demonstrate how to inspect and fit safety equipment including
– Select wear and care for personal protective equipment.
– A fall arrest harness.
– An inertia reel.
– Access equipment.
Perform Work Safely at Heights
– Safely access the work area and install a safety system.
– Competently and safely connect yourself to the safety system in place.
– Use and secure tools and equipment safely.
– Monitor weather conditions and take appropriate action if the situation changes.
– Monitor safety systems that are in use to ensure ongoing effectiveness.
– Take appropriate action to adjust or implement risk treatments as required.
Conclude Operations, Maintain Equipment and Clean Up
– Demonstrate and explain how to safely dismantle a safety system that is no longer required.
– Demonstrate how to competently clean, check, maintain and store equipment.
– Refer to manufacturer’s instructions for details of maintenance or storage requirements for each piece of equipment.
On successful completion of the course persons will be issued with a Certificate/Statement of Attainment and a proof of training card. Courses delivered in partnership with Allens training Pty Ltd RTO90909. This course is a Nationally Accredited Course.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS
-Photo ID must be presented i.e. current driver’s license or passport
– Basic English language and literacy skills
Work Safely on Scaffold above 2m is conducted from our HQ at 17 Northern Ave Moorabbin Airport Melbourne 3194.
IS THERE PARKING AVAILABLE?
YES, WE HAVE LOADS OF FREE PARKING SPACES AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR WITH FURTHER FREE PARKING SPACES AVAILABLE WITHIN 30M OF OUR LOCATION.
ONSITE TRAINING AVAILABLE?
YES, ACTA DELIVER WORK AT HEIGHTS TRAINING REFRESHER TRAINING ONSITE ALSO. THIS REQUIRES YOUR FACILITY TO MEET CERTAIN REQUIREMENTS FOR DELIVERY INCLUDING – DO YOU HAVE A ROOM WHEREUPON THE THEORY CONTENT CAN BE DELIVERED FOR THE WORK AT HEIGHTS REFRESHER TRAINING? DOES YOUR FACILITY HAVE THE REQUIRED RESOURCES TO DELIVER THE PRACTICAL COMPONENTS FOR WORK AT HEIGHTS REFRESHER TRAINING.
WHEN ARE THE WORK SAFELY AT HEIGHTS TICKETS ISSUED?
WORK AT HEIGHTS REFRESHER TICKETS ARE ISSUED ON THE DAY AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF TRAINING.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO WORK AT HEIGHTS REFRESHER TRAINING COURSE?
JUST YOUR USI NUMBER. IF YOU DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE A USI NUMBER THEN NO SWEAT AS WE CAN HELP WITH THIS ON THE DAY YOUR WORK AT HEIGHTS REFRESHER TRAINING. ACTA PROVIDE COMPUTERS FOR ALL THEORY CONTENT AS WELL AS TEA, COFFEE, BISCUITS AND WE HAVE A FULL KITCHEN IF YOU BRING YOUR OWN FOOD. ALSO WE HAVE MANY CAFES AND EATERIES AT OUR DOORSTEP.