1 Day Working at Heights Course Melbourne.
This 1 Day Working at Heights course melbourne is specifically designed for all employees who are required to work safely at heights. Anyone required to work safely at heights whereupon they are exposed to the risk of falling from one level to the next must undertake this work at heights course. It includes: identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task; accessing and installing equipment; performing working safely at heights; and cleaning up the work area. Working Safely at Heights Refresher course are available by appointment. Complete the theory online and attend our site for practical assessment.
For further information or to book over the phone click on the Call us below. Working Safely at Heights Refreshers courses are available everyday and can be arranged by clicking the call to book button below.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
RIIWHS204D WORK SAFELY AT HEIGHTS
WORKING AT HEIGHTS COURSE MELBOURNE FEES
$220 per student for 1 Day working safely at heights course
WORKING SAFELY AT HEIGHTS COURSE INFORMATION
Course Duration 1 Day. This Nationally Recognised course provides students the skills and knowledge required for working safely at heights in the Resources and Infrastructure, civil construction and construction industries This course is mandatory for everyone where they are required to perform working at heights above two metres.
UPON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE STUDENTS WILL LEARN TO
Prepare for Working Safely at Heights
– Access the following documents in preparation for working safely at heights:
– Organisational policies or procedures relating to working safely at heights.
– Relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice or Australian standards relating to working safely at heights.
– Complete a SWMS for a working safely at heights task.
Inspect the work area for
– Identification of risks/hazards.
– Assessment of risk/hazard levels.
– Identify any tasks that you would need to complete including risk/hazard treatments.
– Selection and implementation of risk treatment options.
Demonstrate how to inspect and fit safety equipment including
– Select wear and care for personal protective equipment.
– A fall arrest harness.
– An inertia reel.
– Access equipment.
Perform Work Safely at Heights
– Safely access the work area and install a safety system.
– Competently and safely connect yourself to the safety system in place.
– Use and secure tools and equipment safely.
– Monitor weather conditions and take appropriate action if the situation changes.
– Monitor safety systems that are in use to ensure ongoing effectiveness.
– Take appropriate action to adjust or implement risk treatments as required.
Conclude Operations, Maintain Equipment and Clean Up
– Demonstrate and explain how to safely dismantle a safety system that is no longer required.
– Demonstrate how to competently clean, check, maintain and store equipment.
– Refer to manufacturer’s instructions for details of maintenance or storage requirements for each piece of equipment.
On successful completion of this working safely at heights course persons will be issued with a Certificate/Statement of Attainment and a proof of training card. Courses delivered in Partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. This course is a Nationally Recognised Course.
PREREQUISITES FOR WORKING SAFELY AT HEIGHTS COURSE
-Photo ID must be presented i.e. current driver’s license or passport
– Basic English language and literacy skills are required for the completion of working safely at heights
Working Safely at Heights Course is conducted from our HQ at 17 Northern Ave Moorabbin Airport Melbourne 3194.
IS THERE PARKING AVAILABLE FOR WORK AT HEIGHTS TRAINING?
YES, WE HAVE FREE PARKING SPACES AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR WITH FURTHER FREE ALL DAY PARKING AVAILABLE 30M FROM OUR LOCATION.
ONSITE TRAINING AVAILABLE?
YES, ACTA DELIVER WORK AT HEIGHTS TRAINING ONSITE ALSO. THIS REQUIRES YOUR FACILITY TO MEET CERTAIN REQUIREMENTS FOR DELIVERY INCLUDING – DO YOU HAVE A ROOM WHEREUPON THE THEORY CONTENT CAN BE DELIVERED FOR THE WORK AT HEIGHTS TRAINING? DOES YOUR FACILITY HAVE THE REQUIRED RESOURCES TO DELIVER THE PRACTICAL COMPONENTS FOR WORK AT HEIGHTS TRAINING.
WHEN ARE THE WORK AT HEIGHTS TICKETS ISSUED?
WORK AT HEIGHTS TICKETS ARE ISSUED ON THE DAY AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF TRAINING.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE WORK AT HEIGHTS TRAINING COURSE?
JUST YOUR USI NUMBER. IF YOU DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE A USI NUMBER THEN NO SWEAT AS WE CAN HELP WITH THIS ON THE DAY YOUR WORK AT HEIGHTS TRAINING COURSE. ACTA PROVIDE COMPUTERS FOR ALL THEORY CONTENT AS WELL AS TEA, COFFEE, BISCUITS AND WE HAVE A FULL KITCHEN IF YOU BRING YOUR OWN FOOD. ALSO WE HAVE MANY CAFES AND EATERIES AT OUR DOORSTEP.