1 Day Work Safely at Heights. Refresher available by appointment. Book online or for further information or to book over the phone click on the Call us below
This 1 Day course is specifically designed for all employees who are required to work safely at heights. Anyone involved in works above two metres or where there is a possibility of falling two metres must undertake this course. It includes: identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task; accessing and installing equipment; performing work at heights; and cleaning up the work area. Work Safely at Heights Refresher Training available by appointment. Complete the theory online and attend our site for practical assessment.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
RIIWHS204D WORK SAFELY AT HEIGHTS
Course Duration 1 Day. This Nationally accredited course provides students the skills and knowledge required to work safety at heights in the Resources and Infrastructure, civil construction and construction industries This course is mandatory for everyone where they are required to perform working at heights above two metres.
UPON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE STUDENTS WILL LEARN TO
Prepare for Working Safely at Heights
– Access the following documents in preparation for working safely at heights:
– Organisational policies or procedures relating to working safely at heights.
– Relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice or Australian standards relating to working safely at heights.
– Complete a SWMS for a working safely at heights task.
Inspect the work area for
– Identification of risks/hazards.
– Assessment of risk/hazard levels.
– Identify any tasks that you would need to complete including risk/hazard treatments.
– Selection and implementation of risk treatment options.
Demonstrate how to inspect and fit safety equipment including
– Select wear and care for personal protective equipment.
– A fall arrest harness.
– An inertia reel.
– Access equipment.
Perform Work Safely at Heights
– Safely access the work area and install a safety system.
– Competently and safely connect yourself to the safety system in place.
– Use and secure tools and equipment safely.
– Monitor weather conditions and take appropriate action if the situation changes.
– Monitor safety systems that are in use to ensure ongoing effectiveness.
– Take appropriate action to adjust or implement risk treatments as required.
Conclude Operations, Maintain Equipment and Clean Up
– Demonstrate and explain how to safely dismantle a safety system that is no longer required.
– Demonstrate how to competently clean, check, maintain and store equipment.
– Refer to manufacturer’s instructions for details of maintenance or storage requirements for each piece of equipment.
On successful completion of the course persons will be issued with a Certificate/Statement of Attainment and a proof of training card from APTA RTO #22508. This course is a Nationally Accredited Course.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS
-Photo ID must be presented i.e. current driver’s license or passport
– Basic English language and literacy skills
Work Safely at Heights Training is conducted from our HQ at 17 Northern Ave Moorabbin Airport Melbourne 3194.