Traffic Control / Management Training Combo
1 Day Control traffic with Stop-Slow bat & Implement Traffic Management Plan
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
RIIWHS205D Control traffic with Stop-Slow bat
RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plan
Course Duration 1 Day. This Nationally accredited course provides students the skills and knowledge required implementing a traffic guidance scheme as well as the controlling of traffic with a stop-slow bat on roads in Victoria and in the resources and infrastructure, civil construction and construction industries.
UPON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE STUDENTS WILL LEARN TO
Select and Inspect Equipment Identified in the Traffic Guidance Scheme
– Select and inspect: signs, PPE, tools and equipment and report any faults found.
Set Up Signs and Devices
– Inspect the area for hazards.
– Report or manage hazards if needed.
– Position traffic signs and barriers.
Direct and Control Traffic
– Direct vehicle traffic.
– Direct pedestrian traffic.
– Use correct hand signals.
– Use radios to communicate with other traffic controllers.
– Check in with personnel periodically.
– Maintain radio power supply.
– Monitor traffic and report offenders.
Remove Signs and Clean Up
– Remove or cover signs in correct order.
– Clean up work area.
– Clean, maintain and store equipment properly.
On successful completion of the course persons will be issued with a Certificate/Statement of Attainment and a proof of training card from APTA RTO #22508. This course is a Nationally Accredited Course.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS
-Photo ID must be presented i.e. current driver’s license or passport
– Basic English language and literacy skills
Traffic Control Training is delivered from our HQ Located at 17 Northern Ave Moorabbin Airport Melbourne 3194