Operate Elevating Work Platform Course
This EWP training course Melbourne is specifically designed for those employees who require training to safely operate an elevating work platform at any height and those persons that are working in operational roles. Suitable for the Construction Industry, Coal, Metalliferous Mining, Drilling and Extracting (Quarrying) and Civil Infrastructure industries.
For further information or to book over the phone call us on the number below.
Units of Competency
RIIHAN301E – Operate elevating work platform
EWP Training Victoria Fees
$300 RIIHAN301E Operate elevating work platform
EWP Training Course Victoria Information
Course duration: 1-Day (8 hours)
This nationally recognised course provides practical training on operating an EWP in your relevant industry. This Standard sets out the particular requirements and risk control measures for the safety of persons operating or conducting tasks associated with EWP, and has been designed to meet the national competency standards for operating an EWP in your workplace. It also satisfies the training requirements of the Victorian, Commonwealth and other state regulations. This course is delivered via our Leaner Management System (LMS) using touch screen computers meaning at ACTA we deliver paperless training to meet the demands of ever changing technology and environmental requirements within the training industry.
Upon Completion of This Course Students Will Learn To:
Plan and prepare for operating an EWP
– Access, interpret and apply EWP documentation for allocated job.
– Ensure work activity is compliant with site polices.
– Obtain, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements.
– Confirm hazards, environmental issues, risk and implement required control measures.
– Select and wear PPE required for work activities.
– Obtain and interpret emergency procedures for EWP in preparation for emergencies and incidents.
– Coordinate and communicate planned activities with others on site.
Operating EWP in line with established requirements to complete work activity
– Carry out pre start and post start inspections.
– Identify faults or defects and report within work place.
– Apply site specific requirements for relocating the EWP to work site.
– Stabilise or position EWP.
– Ensure work site is clear or personnel and hazards.
– Place any tools and equipment required to work in a bucket securely in EWP.
– Operate EWP within performance within capabilities of brand and model.
– Respond accordingly to monitoring systems and alarms.
– Monitor hazards and risks and ensure safety of yourself, others, plant and equipment.
– Complete work and shut down equipment correctly.
Conduct housekeeping activities
– Clear work area, dispose, reuse or recycle materials.
– Move EWP to safe space when not in use.
– Check, clean, and store maintain EWP according to workplace procedures.
– Complete and file documentation and distribute to relevant persons.