Operate Elevating Work Platform Course
This EWP training course Melbourne is specifically designed for those employees who require training to safely operate an elevating work platform at any height and those persons that are working in operational roles. Suitable for the Construction Industry, Coal, Metalliferous Mining, Drilling and Extracting (Quarrying) and Civil Infrastructure industries.
For further information or to book over the phone call us on the number below.
Units of Competency
RIIHAN301E – Operate elevating work platform
EWP Training Victoria Fees
$300 RIIHAN301E Operate elevating work platform
EWP Training Course Victoria Information
Course duration: 1-Day (8 hours)
This nationally recognised course provides practical training on operating an EWP in your relevant industry. This Standard sets out the particular requirements and risk control measures for the safety of persons operating or conducting tasks associated with EWP, and has been designed to meet the national competency standards for operating an EWP in your workplace. It also satisfies the training requirements of the Victorian, Commonwealth and other state regulations. This course is delivered via our Leaner Management System (LMS) using touch screen computers meaning at ACTA we deliver paperless training to meet the demands of ever changing technology and environmental requirements within the training industry.
Upon Completion of This Course Students Will Learn To:
Plan and prepare for operating an EWP
– Access, interpret and apply EWP documentation for allocated job.
– Ensure work activity is compliant with site polices.
– Obtain, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements.
– Confirm hazards, environmental issues, risk and implement required control measures.
– Select and wear PPE required for work activities.
– Obtain and interpret emergency procedures for EWP in preparation for emergencies and incidents.
– Coordinate and communicate planned activities with others on site.
Operating EWP in line with established requirements to complete work activity
– Carry out pre start and post start inspections.
– Identify faults or defects and report within work place.
– Apply site specific requirements for relocating the EWP to work site.
– Stabilise or position EWP.
– Ensure work site is clear or personnel and hazards.
– Place any tools and equipment required to work in a bucket securely in EWP.
– Operate EWP within performance within capabilities of brand and model.
– Respond accordingly to monitoring systems and alarms.
– Monitor hazards and risks and ensure safety of yourself, others, plant and equipment.
– Complete work and shut down equipment correctly.
Conduct housekeeping activities
– Clear work area, dispose, reuse or recycle materials.
– Move EWP to safe space when not in use.
– Check, clean, and store maintain EWP according to workplace procedures.
– Complete and file documentation and distribute to relevant persons.
On successful completion of the course persons will be issued with a Certificate/Statement of Attainment and ticket proof of training card for the relevant units of competencies. Courses delivered in Partnership with The Scaffold Tool and Training Company RTO 22226.
This course is a Nationally Accredited Course. It is recommended by Industry that persons must update their competency and complete refresher training though currently no legislation provides details of frequency for refresher training. However, major water companies require refresher training annually, NBN, Oil and Gas Industries recommend every 2 years.
At ACTA we do not place expiries on certain tickets so check with your organisation for refresher training frequency.
Prerequisites & Course Requirements
– Photo ID must be presented i.e. current driver’s license or passport.
– Basic English language and literacy skills.
17 Northern Ave, Moorabbin Airport, 3194, VIC.
Is There Parking Available?
Yes. We have free parking spaces available at the door with more free parking available within 30m of our location.
Do You Deliver Onsite Training?
Yes, ACTA can deliver EWP training onsite. This requires your facility to meet certain requirements for delivery including – Do you have a room whereupon the theory content can be delivered and does your facility have the required resources to deliver the practical component for EWP training.
When Are The Tickets Issued?
Tickets are issued on the day right after the successful completion of training.
What Do I Need To Bring On The Day?
Just your USI Number. If you currently do not have a USI number then no sweat as we can help with this on the day of your training.
ACTA provides computers for all theory content as well as tea, coffee, biscuits and we have a full kitchen if you decide to bring your own food. We also have many cafes and eateries at our doorstep.