This construction training skillset is an all-rounder course designed specifically for employees looking to get a head start in the industry. It will equip you with the skills to work safely at heights, provide first aid, operate a forklift, scissorlift, ewp under 11m and conduct hazard analysis. These skills are highly regarded within the resources and infrastructure industry, construction industry, oil and gas industry, transport industry, infrastructure industry, engineering industry and the rail sector.
For further information or to book over the phone call us on the number below.
Units of competency for construction training skillset #1
RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights
RIIHAN301E – Operate elevating work platform
TLILIC0003 – License to operate a forklift truck
CPCCCM2008 – Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
MSMWHS201 – Conduct hazard analysis
PUAFER008 – Confine small emergencies
HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
RIIWHS201D – Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
RIICOM201D – Communicate in the workplace
Construction Training Skillset Course Fees
Construction Training Skillset Course Information
Course duration: 5 days
These nationally recognised courses provide practical training to give you extensive knowledge in preparation for work in your relevant industry. This course been designed to meet the national competency standards for operating within your industry and in your workplace. It also satisfies the training requirements of the Victorian, Commonwealth and other state regulations. This course is delivered via our Leaner Management System (LMS) using touch screen computers meaning at ACTA we deliver paperless training to meet the demands of ever changing technology and environmental requirements within the training industry.
Upon Completion of This Course Students Will Learn To:
- Identify work requirements.
- Perform work at heights.
- Operate elevating work platform in line with established requirements to complete work activity.
- Pick up loads; transport and placed using forklift movements in accordance with safe work procedures.
- Erect scaffold and scaffold equipment.
- Scaffold, associated equipment and scaffold equipment are selected and inspected according to procedures and site information.
- Identify specialized knowledge which may be required to conduct hazard analysis.
- Use the organization’s risk matrix to prioritise each risk.
- Estimate the potential severity/ consequence of each identified hazard.
- Select equipment to use in response to the emergency.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles.
- Obtain permits and clearances before specialized work is carried out.
- Identify risks to personal wellbeing and recognize preventative strategies.
- Access, interpret and apply communication site documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant.
- Maintain communication processes with others to assist flow of work activities.
On successful completion of the course persons will be issued with a Certificate/Statement of Attainment and ticket proof of training card for the relevant units of competencies. Courses delivered in Partnership with The Scaffold Tool and Training Company RTO 22226.
This course is a Nationally Accredited Course. It is recommended by Industry that persons must update their competency and complete refresher training though currently no legislation provides details of frequency for refresher training. However, major water companies require refresher training annually, NBN, Oil and Gas Industries recommend every 2 years.
At ACTA we do not place expiries on certain tickets so check with your organisation for refresher training frequency.
Prerequisites & Course Requirements
– Photo ID must be presented i.e. current driver’s license or passport.
– Basic English language and literacy skills.
17 Northern Ave, Moorabbin Airport, 3194, VIC.
Is There Parking Available?
Yes. We have free parking spaces available at the door with more free parking available within 30m of our location.
Do You Deliver Onsite Training?
Yes, ACTA can deliver the construction skillset onsite. This requires your facility to meet certain requirements for delivery including – Do you have a room whereupon the theory content can be delivered and does your facility have the required resources to deliver the practical component.
When Are The Tickets Issued?
Tickets are issued on the day right after the successful completion of training.
What Do I Need To Bring On The Day?
Just your USI Number. If you currently do not have a USI number then no sweat as we can help with this on the day of your training.
ACTA provides computers for all theory content as well as tea, coffee, biscuits and we have a full kitchen if you decide to bring your own food. We also have many cafes and eateries at our doorstep.