Enter and Work in Confined Spaces – 2-Day course
This enter and work in confined spaces course Melbourne is specifically designed for those employees who require training to safely enter and work in confined spaces. Suitable for the Construction Industry, NBN, Oil & Gas Industry, Sewage & Water Treatment and Tunnel Projects.
For further information or to book over the phone call us on the number below. Enter and work in confined spaces refresher course is available everyday.
Units of Competency
RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
MSMPER205 – Enter confined space
MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an issued permit
RIIRIS201D – Conduct local risk control
MSMWHS217 – Gas test atmospheres
MSMWHS201 – Conduct hazard analysis
MSMPER300 – Issue work permits
RIICOM201D – Communicate in the workplace
Confined Space Training Victoria Course Fees
$450 Enter and Work in Confined Spaces 2-Day Course
Confined Spaces Training Course Victoria Information
Course duration: 2-Days
This Nationally recognised course provides practical training on Australian Standard AS2865-2009. This Standard sets out the particular requirements and risk control measures for the safety of persons entering or conducting tasks associated with confined spaces, and has been designed to meet the national competency standards for confined space entry. It also satisfies the training requirements of the Victorian, Commonwealth and other state regulations. This course is delivered via our Leaner Management System (LMS) using touch screen computers meaning at ACTA we deliver paperless training to meet the demands of ever changing technology and environmental requirements within the training industry.
Upon Completion of This Course Students Will Learn To:
- Prepare for work in confined spaces.
- Obtain and check entry permit.
- Choose and inspect tools and equipment.
- Identify and erect signs and barriers.
- Check emergency procedures with stand-by person.
- Gain access and prepare for entry.
- Gain access to entry point.
- Position rescue equipment.
- Apply isolation, tagging and lock-out measures.
- Confirm results of atmospheric testing.
- Safely work in confined spaces, then exit.
- Safely enter confined spaces.
- Maintain communication with stand-by person.
- Monitor atmosphere.
- Safely handle materials.
- Work within the limits of entry permit.
- Monitor and stick to allocated time.
- Safely exit the confined space.
- Conclude operations and return space to service.
- Recover tools, equipment and materials.
- Inspect confined spaces.
- Secure access to confined space.
- Remove tagging and lock-out devices.
- Sign-off entry permit documentation.
- Maintain equipment and clean up.
- Clean up the work area.
- Remove, clean and store signs and barriers.
- Clean, maintain and store all tools and equipment, including:
- Maintaining and inspecting tools and equipment.
- Managing issues and completing documentation.
On successful completion of the course persons will be issued with a Certificate/Statement of Attainment and ticket proof of training card for the relevant units of competencies. Courses delivered in Partnership with The Scaffold Tool and Training Company RTO 22226.
This course is a Nationally Accredited Course. It is recommended by Industry that persons must update their competency and complete refresher training though currently no legislation provides details of frequency for refresher training. However, major water companies require refresher training annually, NBN, Oil and Gas Industries recommend every 2 years.
At ACTA we do not place expiries on certain tickets so check with your organisation for refresher training frequency.
Prerequisites & Course Requirements
- Photo ID must be presented i.e. current driver’s license or passport.
- Basic English language and literacy skills.
17 Northern Ave, Moorabbin Airport, 3194, VIC.
Is There Parking Available?
Yes, we have free parking spaces available at the door with further free parking available within 30m of our location.
Do You Deliver Onsite Training?
Yes, ACTA can deliver enter and work in confined spaces onsite. This requires your facility to meet certain requirements for delivery including – Do you have a room whereupon the theory content can be delivered and does your facility have the required resources to deliver the practical component for confined spaces training.
When Are The Tickets Issued?
Confined Space tickets are issued on the day right after the successful completion of training.
What Do I Need To Bring On The Day?
Just your USI number. If you currently do not have a USI number then no sweat as we can help with this on the day of your training.
ACTA provides computers for all theory content as well as tea, coffee, biscuits and we have a full kitchen if you decide to bring your own food. We also have many cafes and eateries at our doorstep.