Confined Spaces + Work Safely at Heights + Gas Test Atmospheres 1-day training (Blended Delivery) REQUIRES ONLINE PRE-COURSEWORK TO BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO ATTENDING TRAINING DAY.
This extensive 1-day enter and work confined spaces training combined with working safely at heights and gas test atmospheres training is specifically designed for those employees who require the essential basics for safely entering and working in mine sites, NBN, oil and gas, water treatment where there are confined spaces. Most employers in the resources and industries sectors require this combination as a minimum to enter confined spaces due to the risks involved.
For further information or to book over the phone call us on the number below. Refresher courses also available online everyday.
* Blended delivery option requires online pre-course work to be completed prior to attending training day.
Units of Competency
RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
RIIWHS204D – Work Safely at Heights
MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
Confined Spaces + Work Safely at Heights + Gas Test Atmospheres Training Course Fees
Confined Spaces + Work Safely at Heights + Gas Test Atmospheres Training Course Information
Course duration: 1-Day (8 hours)
This course provides practical training on Australian Standard AS2865-2009. This Standard sets out the particular requirements and risk control measures for the safety of persons entering or conducting tasks associated with confined spaces, and has been designed to meet the national competency standards for confined space entry. This Nationally recognised course also provides students the skills and knowledge required to test the working area’s atmosphere using electronic testing apparatus, to find out if it is safe for the proposed work. It applies to situations where an individual may be required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or a confined space. It also satisfies the training required for working safely whereupon the risk of falling from one level to another is involved. It also satisfies the training requirements of the Victorian, Commonwealth and other state regulations.
This course is delivered via our Leaner Management System (LMS) using touch screen computers meaning at ACTA we deliver paperless training to meet the demands of ever changing technology and environmental requirements within the training industry.
Upon Completion of This Course Students Will Learn To:
- Identify assess the conditions/area to be tested.
- Identify gas testing regime and sampling pattern.
- Identify hazard controls.
- Apply hazard controls.
- Use personal protective equipment.
- Use gas-testing equipment.
- Interpret and report test results using correct units of measurement.
- Monitor gas on an ongoing basis.
- Take appropriate action when readings become unacceptable.
- Inspect equipment and conduct fault-finding.
- Prepare for work in confined spaces.
- Obtain and check entry permit.
- Gain access and prepare for entry.
- Gain access to entry point.
- Position rescue equipment.
- Apply isolation, tagging and lock-out measures.
- Confirm results of atmospheric testing.
- Safely work in confined spaces, then exit.
- Safely enter confined spaces.
- Work within the limits of entry permit.
- Monitor and stick to allocated time.
- Safely exit the confined space.
- Inspect confined spaces.
- Sign-off entry permit documentation.
On successful completion of the course persons will be issued with a Certificate/Statement of Attainment and ticket proof of training card for the relevant units of competencies. Courses delivered in Partnership with The Scaffold Tool and Training Company RTO 22226.
This course is a Nationally Accredited Course. It is recommended by Industry that persons must update their competency and complete refresher training though currently no legislation provides details of frequency for refresher training. However, major water companies require refresher training annually, NBN, Oil and Gas Industries recommend every 2 years.
At ACTA we do not place expiries on certain tickets so check with your organisation for refresher training frequency.
Prerequisites & Course Requirements
– Photo ID must be presented i.e. current driver’s license or passport.
– Basic English language and literacy skills.
17 Northern Ave, Moorabbin Airport, 3194, VIC.
Is There Parking Available?
Yes, we have free parking spaces available at the door with further free parking available within 30m of our location.
Do You Deliver Onsite Training?
Yes, ACTA can deliver enter and work in confined spaces & gas test atmospheres onsite. This requires your facility to meet certain requirements for delivery including – Do you have a room whereupon the theory content can be delivered and does your facility have the required resources to deliver the practical component for confined space training and gas test atmospheres.
When Are The Tickets Issued?
Tickets are issued on the day right after the successful completion of training.
What Do I Need To Bring On The Day?
Just your USI number. If you currently do not have a USI number then no sweat as we can help with this on the day of your training.
ACTA provides computers for all theory content as well as tea, coffee, biscuits and we have a full kitchen if you decide to bring your own food. We also have many cafes and eateries at our doorstep.