Confined spaces and Gas test atmospheres combo will be every Mon,Thurs & Sat.
This extensive 1 Day course is specifically designed for those employees who require the essential basics for safely entering and working in a confined space. Most employers in the Resources and industries sectors require this combination as a minimum to enter confined spaces. This course runs every Mon,Thurs & Sat from 8 am.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
MSMWHS217 Gas Test Atmospheres
RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
Course Duration 1 Day. This Nationally accredited course provides students the skills and knowledge required to enter and work in confined spaces and to test the working area’s atmosphere using electronic testing apparatus, to find out if it is safe for the proposed work. It applies to situations where an individual may be required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or confined workspace. It also satisfies the training requirements of the Victorian, Commonwealth and other state regulations.
UPON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE STUDENTS WILL LEARN TO
Preparing for Gas Testing
– Find out the gas/atmosphere to be tested.
– Identify assess the conditions/area to be tested.
– Identify gas testing regime and sampling pattern.
– Identify hazard controls.
– Select testing equipment.
– Calibrate testing equipment.
– Select personal protective equipment.
Testing for Gas
– Apply hazard controls.
– Use personal protective equipment.
– Use gas testing equipment.
– Interpret and report test results using correct units of measurement.
– Monitor gas on an ongoing basis.
– Take appropriate action when readings become unacceptable.
Cleaning and Maintain Equipment
– Clean gas testing equipment.
– Inspect equipment and conduct fault-finding.
– Maintain gas testing equipment including: –
Replacing parts and Calibrating equipment.
– Complete inspection/maintenance record.
– Store gas testing equipment.
On successful completion of the course persons will be issued with a Certificate/Statement of Attainment and a proof of training card from APTA RTO #22508. This course is a Nationally Accredited Course.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS
– Photo ID must be presented i.e. current driver’s license or passport
– Basic English language and literacy skills